Joint Masters in International Tourism and Events Management/ ITEM
Period: 01.10.2012. – 31.10.2014.
Total budget: 396 674 EUR
Aim: To develop a joint interdisciplinary master’s study programme in International Tourism and Event Management to be executed in three Baltic countries, with support and joint expertise of 5 countries in order to support modernisation, internationalisation and innovation aspects in higher education.
- Perform detailed needs and employability analysis in order to provide framework and justification for the content of the modules;
- Develop and adapt a student group consultancy project module;
- Develop and adapt the content of the programme and foreseen modules;
- Work out the organizational framework for the implementation of the jointly delivered study programme;
- Develop and cooperation model with industry.
- Lead partner: Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences
- Estonian School of Hotel and Tourism Management EHTE, Estonia
- Klaipeda University, Lithuania
- Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- International Centre of Studies on Tourism Economy (CISET), Italy
- Association of Hotels and Restaurants of Latvia
Study directions: Tourism, Information technology
Project manager in ViA: Iveta Putniņa
Tel: +371 26182255
Other involved staff:
Iveta Druva Druvaskalne, Ilze Grīnfelde, Vineta Silkāne, Agita Līviņa, Ilze Grīnfelde, Inese Ebele, Linda Lotiņa